en - Re: [en@sympa] FreeBSD, Apache, and Sympa Issues.

  • From: "Stefan Hornburg (Racke)" <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [en@sympa] FreeBSD, Apache, and Sympa Issues.
  • Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2023 12:36:46 +0200

On 19/08/2023 06:19, Janky Jay, III wrote:
Hello All,

I attempting to deploy Sympa as a replacement for Mailman on a FreeBSD
13.2-RELEASE system. I'm also using Postfix and Apache24+spawn_fcgi (as
suggested in the docs). I've followed all the documentation provided at
https://www.sympa.community/manual/install.html without much issue but now
I'm stuck.

Everything appears to be working as expected aside from the web UI. When I
visit https://lists.domain.tld/sympa, it does bring up the home page, but
after that, everything fails to work properly. Below is what I'm currently
seeing:

When I open the home page (https://lists.domain.tld/sympa), I get a popup error that
says " ERROR () - Unknown action ". I can close the popup and continue, but
what might the cause of this be? I see no errors in the sympa.log or Apache log.

If I click the "Login" button, it takes me to the login page (great!). However, when I click the
"First Login?" link to begin setup, it takes me to https://lists.domain.tld/firstpasswd which
displays the message "The requested URL was not found on this server.". Should this be taking me
to https://lists.domain.tld/sympa/firstpasswd instead?

Thinking the above might be the issue, if I visit https://lists.domain.tld/sympa/firstlogin, it
just shows me a blank page of "Mailing list services" along with a popup error of
" ERROR () - List 'firstpasswd' does not exist. " which I suppose is fair.

Can anyone tell me what I might be missing to get this sorted out? I followed the
Apache24 configuration suggestion in the manual with the <Location>
parameters and there are no syntax or configuration errors when starting Apache.

So far, it looks like Sympa might be a great replacement for Mailman so I'm
looking forward to getting started with it. Thanks for awesome contribution
to the open-source community!

Hello,

the value for wwsympa_url in the configuration should be
https://lists.domain.tld/sympa.

Please verify.

It also helps to post the Apache configuration here.

Regards
Racke

Regards,
Janky Jay