en - RE: [en@sympa] wwsympa.socket Permission Denied

  • From: Graham Pearson <address@concealed>
  • To: "Stefan Hornburg (Racke)" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [en@sympa] wwsympa.socket Permission Denied
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2023 21:36:29 +0000

[root@lists ~]# systemctl cat wwsympa

# /usr/lib/systemd/system/wwsympa.service

[Unit]

Description=Sympa web interface FastCGI backend

After=sympa.service

Requires=wwsympa.socket

[Service]

User=sympa

Group=sympa

ExecStart=/usr/bin/multiwatch \

          -f $WWS_FCGI_CHILDREN -- \

          /usr/libexec/sympa/wwsympa.fcgi

StandardOutput=null

StandardInput=socket

StandardError=journal

Environment="WWS_FCGI_CHILDREN=5"

EnvironmentFile=-/etc/default/sympa

EnvironmentFile=-/etc/sysconfig/sympa

Restart=always

RestartSec=5

[Install]

Also=wwsympa.socket

lines 1-23/24 95%...skipping...

# /usr/lib/systemd/system/wwsympa.service

[Unit]

Description=Sympa web interface FastCGI backend

After=sympa.service

Requires=wwsympa.socket

[Service]

User=sympa

Group=sympa

ExecStart=/usr/bin/multiwatch \

          -f $WWS_FCGI_CHILDREN -- \

          /usr/libexec/sympa/wwsympa.fcgi

StandardOutput=null

StandardInput=socket

StandardError=journal

Environment="WWS_FCGI_CHILDREN=5"

EnvironmentFile=-/etc/default/sympa

EnvironmentFile=-/etc/sysconfig/sympa

Restart=always

RestartSec=5

[Install]

Also=wwsympa.socket

WantedBy=multi-user.target

Graham Pearson

Owner at Ma3SP, LLC
Phone 574-385-9996  Mobile 574-903-7119

Web www.ma3sp.com  Email address@concealed

57405 Horseshoe Court, Goshen IN 46528

Book Meeting:  https://www.ma3sp.com/about/schedule-meeting/

Title: LinkedIn - Description: image of LinkedIn iconTitle: Twitter - Description: image of Twitter icon Facebook

Are you struggling with technology? Take our survey and help us develop content to assist other business owners. Take Survey

shows the complete unit including drop ins.

Description=Sympa web interface FastCGI backend

After=sympa.service

Requires=wwsympa.socket

[Service]

User=sympa

Group=sympa

ExecStart=/usr/bin/multiwatch \

          -f $WWS_FCGI_CHILDREN -- \

          /usr/libexec/sympa/wwsympa.fcgi

StandardOutput=null

StandardInput=socket

StandardError=journal

Environment="WWS_FCGI_CHILDREN=5"

EnvironmentFile=-/etc/default/sympa

EnvironmentFile=-/etc/sysconfig/sympa

Restart=always

RestartSec=5

[Install]

Also=wwsympa.socket

WantedBy=multi-user.target

Wwsympa.socket

[Unit]

Description=Sympa web interface socket

[Socket]

SocketUser=sympa

SocketMode=0600

ListenStream=/run/sympa/wwsympa.socket

[Install]

WantedBy=sockets.target

However when I run systmectl start wwsympa the socket file has ownership of nginx. This was installed through epel repository