en - Re: [en@sympa] Can we turn off subscriber deletion notifications to owners?

  • From: Stephen Jarjoura <address@concealed>
  • To: "Widerski, Betty" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: Robert McNicholas <address@concealed>, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [en@sympa] Can we turn off subscriber deletion notifications to owners?
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2023 19:38:11 -0400

Not only that, but for lists with no owners (i.e. they left the school without assigning another to take their place), those messages get sent to Sympa admins.

Our problem is similar to Betty's, once a semester (for some) and once a year (for others) we have mass unsubscribe/subscribe events. My workgroup members all have Sympa admin accounts, so we can get 700+ unsubscribe notices in a day!

:-(

I checked the code, and in our version of Sympa, the "email owners or admins" was in the code itself, not configurable.

On Tue, Jun 6, 2023, 18:38 Widerski, Betty <address@concealed> wrote:
Not true- that box stops notifications to the subscriber but not to the list owner (ask me how I know 800 messages later…)

BettyWiderski