en - [en@sympa] How does Language of the list work?

  • From: Gadi Vivier <address@concealed>
  • To: En <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [en@sympa] How does Language of the list work?
  • Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2023 03:06:43 +0000

Hi All,

I have a working list on Sympa 6.2.72 - thank you for the new version :-) and in the Administration page: Edit List Configuration > List definition I have set the "Language of the list " to "Francios (fr)".

The default Sympa messages - such as the Confirmation email - are sent in French to a new subscriber. So far so good.

However, when the user clicks the link in the French confirmation email and gets taken to the Sympa webpage (where they are asked to confirm), the instructions on the webpage are in English.

Ideally those instructions would also be in French.

Is that just how things are, or have I missed something in the configuration?

I have getttext installed but do I need to download/install some extra .mo language files?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Gadi