en - [en@sympa] Hardware Recommendations for Sympa

  • From: Rob Mitchell <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [en@sympa] Hardware Recommendations for Sympa
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2023 12:15:00 +0000

Hello,

We recently upgraded from sympa 6.1.x to 6.2.68.  We are seeing performance issues when emails are sent to large lists.  Currently we are running this server on a VM with redhat 7 and the following hardware:

4 Intel Xeon Platinum 8270 CPU @ 2.7 ghz
32gb ram

Our Sympa installation has 7k lists and sends roughly 600k messages daily.  During our delivery delays (30 mins+) we see all 4 CPUs maxed out, but memory usage is ok.  We have a change in to double our core count to 8 CPUs to help mitigate but I am wondering what others are using for similar sized servers.

-Rob Mitchell