en - RE: [en@sympa] Sympa, exim and bounce...

  • From: "Peter Polkinghorne (Staff)" <address@concealed>
  • To: Marco Gaiarin <address@concealed>
  • Cc: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [en@sympa] Sympa, exim and bounce...
  • Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2023 13:49:34 +0000

Apologies for delayed response, but been on an Easter break.

The suggested Exim set up is wrong.

I have the following, which still does not quite work properly:

# Sympa generic aliases for "bounce" and "abuse-feedback-report"
# Added by Peter Polkinghorne 29/3/2023
# Modified to be better - pjmp 31/3/2023
sympa_bouncequeue_aliases:
debug_print = "R: sympa bouncequeue aliases for $local_part@$domain"
driver = accept
domains = +local_domains
# local_parts = bounce : abuse-feedback-report
local_part_prefix = bounce+
transport = sympa_bounce_queue_transport
no_more

And

# Sympa transport for bouncequeue program
# Added by Peter Polkinghorne 29/3/2023
sympa_bounce_queue_transport:
driver = pipe
command = /usr/lib/sympa/bin/bouncequeue ${local_part}\@$domain
user = sympa
group = sympa
return_fail_output
return_path_add

Not sure why not working. Gets sent but nothing actually happens.

Also not sure why some bounce messages generated (using VERP which is not
enabled) where as some arrive as NDRs and get processed OK.

So I have bounces coming back and submitted to Sympa but not processed. This
simply means bounces are unrecorded, which is annoying, but not too bad from
a service point of view.

Peter Polkinghorne
Senior Systems Officer (Storage and Virtualisation)
T +44(0)1895 267070 | E address@concealed
Brunel University London
Information Services
Brunel University London, Uxbridge, UB8 3PH, United Kingdom
T +44(0)1895 274000
www.brunel.ac.uk
Connect with the University on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Instagram
Please note for the moment, I am working from home apart from Tuesday &
Wednesday and am working 4 days a week, with my day off being Thursday
usually.