en - Re: [en@sympa] migration & upgrade of Sympa -- missing lists in admin interface

  • From: Michael Heller <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [en@sympa] migration & upgrade of Sympa -- missing lists in admin interface
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2022 21:23:59 -0400

Thank you Racke and Jerome for your replies!

I first tried Racke's suggestion (change domain in sympa.conf to lists.university.edu and add wwsympa_url lists-tst.university.edu).  When I did this, I was able to see all the original Sympa lists from migrated from the current production lists.university.edu Sympa server.     Before I made this change in sympa.conf, I had created two new test lists, testlist1 AT lists-tst.university.edu and testlist2 AT lists-tst.university.edu.

After I made the changes in sympa.conf that Racke suggested, I tried sending some messages to a new Sympa testlist-newsympa AT list-tst.university.edu but these were rejected with the error "550 5.1.1 <address@concealed>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in relay recipient table" so I decided to try the database updates that Jerome suggested and revert the sympa.conf domain to lists-tst.university.edu while also keeping the wwsympa_url value of lists-tst.university.edu in place.

After making the database updates, I only see the two original Sympa testlist1 and testlist2 Sympa lists that I had created on lists-tst.university.edu, and not the many (1632) Sympa lists from lists.university.edu    The SQL statement updates were:

mysql> use sympa;

Database changed
mysql> UPDATE sympa.session_table SET robot_session='lists-tst.university.edu' WHERE  robot_session = 'lists.university.edu';
Query OK, 2 rows affected (0.00 sec)
Rows matched: 2  Changed: 2  Warnings: 0

mysql> UPDATE sympa.one_time_ticket_table SET robot_one_time_ticket='lists-tst.university.edu' WHERE  robot_one_time_ticket = 'lists.university.edu';
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)
Rows matched: 0  Changed: 0  Warnings: 0

mysql> UPDATE sympa.list_table SET robot_list='lists-tst.university.edu' WHERE  robot_list = 'lists.university.edu';
Query OK, 1632 rows affected (0.12 sec)
Rows matched: 1632  Changed: 1632  Warnings: 0

mysql> UPDATE sympa.exclusion_table SET robot_exclusion='lists-tst.university.edu' WHERE robot_exclusion = 'lists.university.edu';
Query OK, 14621 rows affected (0.40 sec)
Rows matched: 14621  Changed: 14621  Warnings: 0

mysql> UPDATE sympa.admin_table SET robot_admin='lists-tst.university.edu' WHERE  robot_admin = 'lists.university.edu';
Query OK, 5236 rows affected (0.16 sec)
Rows matched: 5236  Changed: 5236  Warnings: 0

Did I miss a step in the update to the database?  Or something in sympa.conf?

After I get this working, and am able to send messages without the error, I need to proceed with the various robots we have.

Thanks in advance for any advice and/or corrections!

Michael

On Fri, Sep 9, 2022 at 4:43 AM Stefan Hornburg (Racke) <address@concealed> wrote:
On 08/09/2022 21:01, Michael Heller wrote:
> Hello!  I'm a new Sympa admin and have found the Sympa Community to be invaluable — first-time post.
>
> Our production Sympa v6.1.20 is being upgraded to 6.2.68 on new application and database hosts.
>
> The database was backed up from the production database server and imported to the new test database server.   The Sympa configuration from production app server was copied to the new Sympa app server prior to running the Sympa upgrade command.
>
> I've spent a lot of time learning about Sympa while configuring sympa.conf and robot.conf, among other items, and have finally gotten the Sympa web interface to load, however I do not see any of the migrated lists.

You also need to migrate the Sympa directories, e.g. list_data.

> The new test host is named lists-tst.university.edu <http://lists-tst.university.edu> and was named lists.university.edu <http://lists.university.edu>     I created a new list in the new test environment and it was named address@concealed <mailto:address@concealed>   I could see this in the web interface and also in the database.   That is, in the database I now have lists.university.edu <http://lists.university.edu> and lists-tst.university.edu <http://lists-tst.university.edu>
>
> How do I have a new host lists-tst.university.edu <http://lists-tst.university.edu> (CName to FQDN) access the lists in database under lists.university.edu <http://lists.university.edu> (without the -tst)?

You can use separate domains for the web interface and the Sympa backend with the parameters "wwsympa_url" and "domain".

Regards
          Racke

--
Automation expert - Ansible and friends
Linux administrator & Debian maintainer

--

Michael Heller

Identity and Access Management Engineer

Web and Identity Management, Enterprise Application Services

Office of Information Technology

address@concealed

973-655-5502 O / 201-494-6088 C