en - Re: [sympa-users] Suppress subscriber delete notifications to admin's?

  • From: Olivier Salaün <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Suppress subscriber delete notifications to admin's?
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2022 11:42:27 +0200

Hi Stephen,

As a University we also have to cope with yearly renewal of students list members. For this we rely on members inclusion from third party sources (LDAP mostly). This removes the burden of managing list members manually.

But if you still need to rely on manual processes, you can prevent list owners notification by customizing the "add" and "del" list parameters. For example the "del" parameter could be changed from "list owners, authentication not needed (notification)"  to "by owner without authentication".

You can even customize the default "del.owner_notify" scenario that looks like this :

title.gettext list owners, authentication not needed (notification)

is_owner([listname],[sender])  smtp,dkim,smime,md5 -> do_it,notify
is_listmaster([sender])        smtp,dkim           -> request_auth
is_listmaster([sender])        md5,smime      -> do_it,notify
true()                         smtp,dkim,md5,smime -> reject(reason='del_owner')