en - [sympa-users] unencoded "anonymous_sender" option problem

  • From: "Goltz, Immo" <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] unencoded "anonymous_sender" option problem
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2022 12:14:40 +0000

Dear list,

we stumbled upon a problem in our Sympa setup rendering a list unusable.

To make the list sender be more clear and visible to the subscribers we configured the "anonymous_sender" option.

Example:

Non ASCII characters like üöä <address@concealed>

The postfix can't send these mail than, external mailers refuse mail, log entries like this:

postfix/relay/smtp .... dsn=5.6.7, status=bounced (SMTPUTF8 is required, but was not offered by host ....

Sympa uses the string as is in the From: header, no encoding takes place. Should'nt Sympa encode it properly like it does with strings in eg. "custom_subject"?

For now we can work with

=?UTF-8?Q?Deutsch f=C3=BCr Dich?= <address@concealed>

but that's nothing our listadministrators would like to do.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Immo