en - Re: [sympa-users] Installed from EPEL RPMs, no update_XX.pl scripts

  • From: IKEDA Soji <address@concealed>
  • To: Roger Klorese <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Installed from EPEL RPMs, no update_XX.pl scripts
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2022 12:14:27 +0900

Hi Roger,

On Fri, 1 Apr 2022 10:30:23 -0700
Roger Klorese <address@concealed> wrote:

> On 3/31/22 7:18 PM, IKEDA Soji wrote:
>
> > * Import the data in the older server (6.0.8) into the new server
> > (6.2.68)
> > and upgrade them: See
> > https://sympa-community.github.io/manual/upgrade.html ,
> > especially "Moving to another server".
>

> I did this - but waited till after the following steps...
>
> > * However, before following the step running "sympa.pl --upgrade" in
> > above,
> > you may have to follow additional steps: See "Upgrading notes"
> > including
> > "Upgrading from Sympa 6.1.x or earlier" and "Upgrading from Sympa
> > 6.2.x or earlier".
>

> Everything here seemed to work...

Everything here includes number of instructions to upgrade Sympa
gradually. You have to carry out them step-by-step.

Could you please show how you carried them out?

- How about operation log (record of your actual operation)?
- What displayed on your console by each operation?
- How about Sympa's sytem log?

Again, there are no telepaths nor clairvoyances here. :-)

If you cannot provide information above for now, and want to get
support, you would be better to discard the results of the work done
so far and start again from the beginning, keeping records as above.

And FYI, months of support logs on the list archives are not very
readable. I suggest to use Issues page on GitHub to ask this type
of questions: https://github.com/sympa-community/sympa/issues

Regards,
-- Soji

--