en - [sympa-users] Issue with Sympa after upgrading from Red Hat 6 to 7

  • From: "Huss, Sean" <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: "Bucalo, Zoran" <address@concealed>, "Ibrahim, Saeed" <address@concealed>, "Blazejak, Marc" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Issue with Sympa after upgrading from Red Hat 6 to 7
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 20:51:31 +0000

Good afternoon,

After upgrading from Red Hat 6 to 7, we're having issues trying to start Sympa. We're using the sympa wizard to try and find any perl dependances we may need to get it to run. However, when trying to run it:

[/opt/sympa/bin]{1273}# ./sympa_wizard.pl --check
Encode object version 2.51 does not match bootstrap parameter 2.47 at /usr/share/perl5/XSLoader.pm line 92.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/Pod/Text.pm line 32.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/Pod/Text.pm line 32.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/Pod/Usage.pm line 29.
Compilation failed in require at ./sympa_wizard.pl line 31.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./sympa_wizard.pl line 31.

We tried to install the perl-Class-Load-XS and other needed packages

'yum install perl-Class-Load-XS'

However, its installing those files in a separate location from where sympa is trying to look for them. Is there a setting in Sympa where to include where the perl files should be looking?

Sympa is currently on version 6.2.3. We think it was compiled originally on perl 5.10 in Red Hat 6. Red Hat 7 is using 5.16. (The previous admin did not leave many notes)

Any suggestions as to what else we can try?