en - Re: [sympa-users] [External] 6.1.23 > 6.2.64 include_list deleted

  • From: "Silvers, Tim" <address@concealed>
  • To: "McLaren, Terry" <address@concealed>, "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] [External] 6.1.23 > 6.2.64 include_list deleted
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 15:25:04 +0000

We encountered that issue with our migration, as well. We wrote a little Perl script to make the configs with inclusions compatible with the new format. We ran three commands for each list (create a backup of the current config for the list, run the perl script to rewrite the new lines for sublists and send the output to config.tmp, then copy config.tmp to config for the list if they differ). We’d later run sympa.pl with the upgrade command, and maybe even with the –reload_list_config option, as I recall, to pick up the changes. Be mindful that additional fixes may be needed if you support multiple domains in Sympa where the included list could be from a domain different from the one in which the parent list resides. We made note of these, as we had very few, then went back to fix them manually later.

Tim