en - Re: [sympa-users] [External] Getting owners and moderators for lists

  • From: "True, James Scott" <address@concealed>
  • To: Pat Allen <address@concealed>, "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] [External] Getting owners and moderators for lists
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 20:42:28 +0000

Pat,

The owners and moderators are now in the database.

We have a perl script that calls the database to pull them back for our
support staff.

Jim True
Campus Communications Infrastructure
Indiana University
812-855-7519
address@concealed

On 11/30/21, 10:59 AM, "address@concealed on behalf of
Pat Allen" <address@concealed on behalf of address@concealed>
wrote:

[You don't often get email from address@concealed. Learn why this is
important at http://aka.ms/LearnAboutSenderIdentification.]

This message was sent from a non-IU address. Please exercise caution when
clicking links or opening attachments from external sources.
-------

Good morning!

I'm currently running Sympa 6.2.64 on CentOS 7. I put together some
scripts back when we started using 5.3.3 which alert me when messages are
waiting to be moderated. They pulled the names of the moderators from the
list's config file which seemed to be correct. But this morning I noticed
that the email contained the names of people who no longer work here. And yet
the GUI has the correct information.

So the list config file is no longer the correct place to look for
information. I'm presuming that I need to use LDAP to get this. Can anyone
confirm this and possibly supply the LDAP command that I would use to query
the moderators?

Thanks for the help!
Pat