en - [sympa-users] Data Source Synchronisation

  • From: "True, James Scott" <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Data Source Synchronisation
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2021 13:52:24 +0000

All,

We are running on Sympa 6.2.64 and have been having some issues while synchronizing data sources. We mainly use include list to include lists as sun lists. Our issue is when we use the manual “Synchronize members with data sources” button. For example, if subscribers were removed from the included “sub” list and then go back the primary “super” list and launch the manual synchronization via the button, the users are not removed from the primary “super” list. Another example is the name (display name). When we change the name for subscribers in the included “sub” list and then go back to the primary “super” list and launch the manual synchronization via the button, the users’ names are not updated. We have found that if we wait for the automated updated process to run, the synchronization removes the users that were removed from the included “sub” list. To get the display names to change we had to remove the users from the sub list and then wait for the automated synchronization to remove them from the primary “super” list. Then add the users back to the included “sub” list, with the display name change and use the manual synchronization. The users would appear correctly in the primary “super” list. The manual synchronization works well with additions but not with changing or removing. Is this the expected behavior for this feature?

Thanks in advance for your assistance,

Jim True

Campus Communications Infrastructure

Indiana University