en - [sympa-users] wwsympa broken in sympa 6.2.60 on debian11

  • From: "Peter Heitzer" <address@concealed>
  • To: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] wwsympa broken in sympa 6.2.60 on debian11
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2021 12:39:54 +0200

I have done a testinstallation of sympa on debian bullseye and the
webinterface does not work.
In debian10 with sympa 6.2.40 it is working out of the box.
The problem with 6.2.60 is that it is no longer using the fcgi wrapper
although it is still referenced in
/etc/apache2/conf-available/sympa.conf
ScriptAlias /wws /usr/lib/cgi-bin/sympa/wwsympa-wrapper.fcgi

If this line is changed to use wwsympa.fcgi then wwsympa.fcgi does not start
because of missing permissions to
/var/lib/apache2/fcgid/sock

As workaround I changed owner and group of sock to sympa and let apache run
with group and user set to sympa.
Now wwsympa.fcgi loads and the web interface is shown in the browser.

Are there any plans to fix this issue until the official release of bullsey
end of july?

Is there any documentation on using wwsympa.fcgi without wrapper?

Thanks in advance

----
Dipl.-Inform(FH) Peter Heitzer, address@concealed

  • [sympa-users] wwsympa broken in sympa 6.2.60 on debian11, Peter Heitzer, 07/08/2021