en - [sympa-users] Pb with message-ID and anonymous_sender (periodically same msg-ID)

  • From: francois <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Pb with message-ID and anonymous_sender (periodically same msg-ID)
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2021 11:29:11 +0200

********************
* Debian 9
* Sympa 6.2.16
********************

Hello,

regularly, on some of our lists, with "anonymous_sender" set, we have
some messages with the same X-message-id.

We realized that the "Message-Id" calculation was, in this case,
specific and gave something like adherents.76@anonymous, where the 76
was the X-Sequence.
So far, why not, even if I don't understand the reason, or even
the interest. Why not have a formatted msg-id like for the other
list?

But where things get complicated is that obviously, even if I didn't
find the exact even if I didn't find exactly where it happens, it's that
this sequence number is (ir)regularly reset to 1.
So periodically we have a news messages with the same ID.

If some people keep big archives, and with some message readers, there
is a mix up of message readers, there is a mixing of title and text,
with unpredictable unpredictable results and an avalanche of messages
for the poor listmaster that I am.

Is this really the first time this question has been asked? In any case,
I browse the archives of the list since 2017: I didn't find anything.

Well, I can comment the four lines that do this work, but tinkering with
the code, it's going to get you in trouble the next time you update
(I already have enough problems with the alias_manager !!!)

hoping that one of you can give me an answer

Kenavo
Francois Sauterey

  • [sympa-users] Pb with message-ID and anonymous_sender (periodically same msg-ID), francois, 07/06/2021