en - [sympa-users] rewrite outbound headers? - was Re: Mails sent from gmail to list server problems

  • From: Tom Fillmore <address@concealed>
  • To: Erik Olson <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed, Carl Doss <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] rewrite outbound headers? - was Re: Mails sent from gmail to list server problems
  • Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2021 18:33:50 +0000

Hi, all -

Thanks for the replies on this.  Roel, I tried what worked for you and it did not work for me.  Bummer, that would have been great.  Erik, your description is spot-on although in my case it doesn't matter which view (thread or otherwise) is enabled.

So it appears that the solution here is to rewrite headers on the outbound to remove Gmails' ID information.  Ooof.  I don't believe Sympa has a way to do that cleanly, but of course it is possible via other means.

I'm thinking someone has already tackled this rewrite problem - if you have can you please respond with how you did it?  If no one responds I'll take a look at it and post results but I won't have time in the next couple weeks.

Thanks everyone, it's great to have a community to fall back on.

I hope you are all safe and well.  :)

Tom Fillmore
southern California

The earth is but one country and mankind its citizens...
- Baha'u'llah