en - Re: [sympa-users] Include file

  • From: IKEDA Soji <address@concealed>
  • To: "True, James Scott" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Include file
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2021 09:47:59 +0900

Hi James,

On Wed, 16 Jun 2021 00:03:55 +0000
"True, James Scott" <address@concealed> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> We are using the include file option. We have a list where the owners
> upload a text file that has subscribers , one per line, to shared
> documents. We have the “include file” feature in data source setup
> configured to the path of the shared documents,
> /var/lib/sympa/list_data/<domain>/<list-name>/shared/filename.txt. We have
> used this to uploaded a very large number of subscribers from the text
> file. When testing on a small scale we see that if initially we load 5
> subscribers and then change the shared text file to 1 subscriber and then
> synchronize subscribers with data sources, there are still 5 subscribers.
> If a subscriber is removed from the text file, they are not removed from
> the list when synchronized.
>
> Are we misunderstand how the include file works? If a subscriber is no
> longer in the file, should that subscribers be removed from the list after
> synching?

I assume you are using a recent version of Sympa (the latest stable
is 6.2.62).

Please generate a dump file of subscribers, and show us the content
of it. The email addresses and display names (gecos) of users may be masked.

You may generate dump file by running:

# sympa.pl --dump_users --list=<list-name>@<domain> --role=member

The dump file is saved in:

/var/lib/sympa/list_data/<domain>/<list-name>/member.dump

Regards,
-- Soji

--
株式会社 コンバージョン