en - Re: [sympa-users] Config error, not sure how to debug

  • From: Felix Schäfer <address@concealed>
  • To: Felix Schäfer <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Config error, not sure how to debug
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2021 22:06:15 +0200

Hello,

> Am 20.05.2021 um 19:42 schrieb Felix Schäfer
> <address@concealed>:
>
> Coming back to this, these errors seem to occur when our universities edge
> Mail filter accepts an email but is unable to forward it (4.4.2 - Bad
> connection 'timeout‘), the edge mail filter then sends a bounce email to
> the <redacted>-address@concealed address, which then borks on
> the return_path thing from my previous email's logs.
>
> The off thing seems to be that neither exim nor sympa seem to get an
> envelope sender for that bounce email. Might it also be a misconfiguration
> on our part higher up in the story of this email, as this seems to be a
> bounce that it gets to the -owner address instead of to the bounce+ address?

We found out the problem today, so for anyone hitting a similar error: we had
<redacted>-address@concealed emails delivered to the queue utility
instead of to the bouncequeue utility. After fixing that a test-user with a
know not working email address in a test list produced a bounce that was
correctly surfaced in the Web UI, so I think we have that one solved.

Best regards,

Felix

  • Re: [sympa-users] Config error, not sure how to debug, Felix Schäfer, 06/09/2021