en - [sympa-users] Recommended Upgrade Process from Sympa 6.1.23

  • From: Jeff Olive <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Recommended Upgrade Process from Sympa 6.1.23
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2021 13:14:33 +0000

Hi,

We are currently running a large implementation of Sympa 6.1.23 in a university environment on CentOS and the integrated community edition of MySQL.

We want to upgrade Sympa to the current release and reduce risk of the migration by implementing a parallel implementation and then cutting over after the new implementation has been tested.

Can you please provide guidance for the best method for copying lists and configurations from the current implementation to the new build?  Can we just export the configurations from the current implementation and import into the new one or do we need to implement intermediate upgrades to achieve the goal of getting to the current release?

All recommendations for our goal would be appreciated.

Jeff

  • [sympa-users] Recommended Upgrade Process from Sympa 6.1.23, Jeff Olive, 06/01/2021