en - Re: [sympa-users] display of encrypted mails in the archive and change of certificates

  • From: IKEDA Soji <address@concealed>
  • To: "Lorenz, Sabine (SCC)" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] display of encrypted mails in the archive and change of certificates
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2021 14:21:17 +0900

Hi Sabine,

On Thu, 15 Apr 2021 08:49:36 +0000
"Lorenz, Sabine (SCC)" <address@concealed> wrote:

> Hi Soji,
>
> > > Can the contents of these encrypted e-mails also be read in the list
> > > archive?
> > >
> > > For me it currently looks like that the archived encrypted mails are
> > > not displayed on the lists archive web page, even if I set the value
> > "encrypted"
> > > for the archive_crypted_msg parameter.
> >
> > The archive_crypted_msg parameter would work when the message was
> > received by Sympa. Changing it later may not make encrypted messages
> > readable.
>
> Do I understand correctly that the content of emails that are stored
> encrypted
> are not readable in the archive of the list and are basically not displayed?
> (It would be conceivable that the Sympa software, which knows the
> certificate
> of the list address, decrypts the content of the mail and displays it on
> the
> web page).

Yes, the content of emails that are stored encrypted are not
readable in the archive of the list.

> I know that changing the archive_crypted_msg parameter only affects the
> emails
> that arrive at Sympa after changing this parameter.
> But in my test, I changed the parameter for a list and set the value
> "decrypted".
> Afterwards I sent an encrypted e-mail via this list, but also the content
> of
> this e-mail was not visible in the archive of the list afterwards.

Please show the log of Sympa from when you posted the message to when
the message was included into the archive.

> > > This would be necessary if it should be possible to display the
> > > contents of the encrypted mails on the archive page.
> >
> > I don't know exactly, but expired certificates seem no longer useful. I
> > think
> > the new certificate may not be used to decrypt earlier messages.
>
> This would only be necessary if Sympa needed the old certificate to decrypt
> content from emails that are encrypted in the list archive and display it
> on
> the website.

I don't know exactly that expired certificate may be used to decrypt
message. Please ask the person in charge of issuing that certificate.

Regards,
-- Soji

--
株式会社 コンバージョン