en - Re: [sympa-users] display of encrypted mails in the archive and change of certificates

  • From: IKEDA Soji <address@concealed>
  • To: "Lorenz, Sabine (SCC)" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] display of encrypted mails in the archive and change of certificates
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2021 09:53:32 +0900

Hi Sabine,

On Tue, 13 Apr 2021 09:56:08 +0000
"Lorenz, Sabine (SCC)" <address@concealed> wrote:

> Hi, I have another question:
>

> We have some lists on our mailing list server, through which encrypted
> emails are sent and for whose addresses there are certificates for this,
> which are located in the list's folder as files named cert.pem and
> private_key.
>
> Can the contents of these encrypted e-mails also be read in the list
> archive?
>
> For me it currently looks like that the archived encrypted mails are not
> displayed on the lists archive web page, even if I set the value "encrypted"
> for the archive_crypted_msg parameter.

The archive_crypted_msg parameter would work when the message
was received by Sympa. Changing it later may not make encrypted
messages readable.

> And one more question:
>
> The first of these certificates were created 3 years ago and are now
> expiring.
>
> Do we now have to replace the old certificate files cert.pem and private_key
> of the affected lists with the new files cert.pem and private_key
> respectively?
>
> Or is there also the possibility to keep multiple certificates for one list?
>
> This would be necessary if it should be possible to display the contents of
> the encrypted mails on the archive page.

I don't know exactly, but expired certificates seem no longer
useful. I think the new certificate may not be used to decrypt
earlier messages.

> We are currently using Sympa version 6.2.16 and Sympa is installed as a
> Debian package.

Regards,
-- Soji

--