en - [sympa-users] Newbie configuration problem

  • From: Bill Oliver <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Newbie configuration problem
  • Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2021 19:45:25 -0500

Folk,

I have just installed Sympa for a small mailinglist I am trying to set up on a VPS I've rented for the purpose.  It's a small machine, 4 core, 30 G disk, 6 G RAM running Ubuntu 20.04 linux.

I have installed postfix (and it works fine), and apache (and it works fine).  I have not installed dovecot yet.

The installation of sympa *seemed* to have gone OK, but I have one big problem.  I can't seem to get to any page beyond the welcome page for the web admin stuff.

In other words, for my domain (www.libertyfp.org), if I go to www.libertyfp.org/wws, I get the welcome screen:

However, if I click on "Login", or any of the other options (home, support, etc), I get 404:

So, it's not finding libertyfp.org/sympa.

Here's my wwsympa.service file in /usr/lib/systemd/system:

more wwsympa.service
[Unit]
Description=WWSympa - Web interface for Sympa mailing list manager
After=syslog.target
BindTo=sympa.service

[Service]
Type=forking
PIDFile=/var/run/wwsympa/wwsympa.pid
Environment="FCGI_CHILDREN=5"
Environment="FCGI_USER=sympa"
Environment="FCGI_GROUP=sympa"
Environment="FCGI_OPTS=-M 0600 -U www-data"
EnvironmentFile=-/etc/sysconfig/sympa
ExecStart=/usr/bin/spawn-fcgi -F $FCGI_CHILDREN \
    -s /var/run/wwsympa/wwsympa.socket \
    -P /var/run/wwsympa/wwsympa.pid \
    -u $FCGI_USER -g $FCGI_GROUP $FCGI_OPTS -- \
    /usr/lib/cgi-bin/sympa/wwsympa.fcgi
RuntimeDirectory=wwsympa
RuntimeDirectoryPreserve=yes
Restart=always

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

Here's the useful part of the /etc/apache/sites-available/libertyfp

VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerAdmin <redacted>
    ServerName libertyfp.org
    ServerAlias www.libertyfp.org
    DocumentRoot /var/www/libertyfp.org
     Redirect / https://www.libertyfp.org/

<Location /sympa>
    SetHandler "proxy:unix:/run/sympa/wwsympa.socket|fcgi://"
      # Don't forget to edit lines below!
    #Require local
    Require all granted
</Location>

<Location /static-sympa>
      # Don't forget to edit lines below!
    #Require local
    Require all granted
</Location>
Alias /static-sympa /var/lib/sympa/static_content
    ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/error.log
    CustomLog /var/log/apache2/access.log combined
</VirtualHost>

Now, I know that one thing is clearly wrong.  There was no default wwsympa.service file in the distribution I got, so I cobbled mine together from a couple of discussions I found on the web.  In particular, there is no file "/etc/sysconfig/sympa" as seen in the line "EnvironmentFile=-/etc/sysconfig/sympa", but I have no idea what file I should be pointing at.  While there are a number of directories in /etc called sympa (e.g. /etc/sympa, /etc/sympa/sympa, /etc/mail/sympa) there is no *file* named sympa.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks!

billo