en - [sympa-users] false default value for parameter info

  • From: "Lorenz, Sabine (SCC)" <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] false default value for parameter info
  • Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2020 12:53:03 +0000

Hello,

We use Sympa version 6.2.16 (installed as Debian package).

I'm currently not getting anywhere with the following problem and maybe someone has an idea about it:

It's about the default value of the parameter "info" (Who may view list information?).

The default value for this parameter is usually "open".

Nevertheless, on our server, the value "conceal" is displayed and used for all lists for which no value is set for this parameter.

When I click on "Source of the scenario", the correct scenario info.default is correctly displayed, which is a link to info.open.

(There is no scenario info.default set in the scenari directory of the list, nor in the scenari directory of the robot or server.

I can see that the original scenario is actually used in the path /usr/share/sympa/default/scenari/info.default on the website with the URL https://www.lists.kit.edu/sympa/dump_scenario/listname/info .)

This is the scenario, which should be used if there is no value for the parameter info in a list.

But in the selection menu for the parameter info (on the page https://www.lists.kit.edu/sympa/edit_list_request/listname/command) the value "conceal" is displayed as the selected value and it is also stated that the default value is used?

Does anyone have any idea why on our server the correct default value for parameter info is not used and how I can change the default value?
I already tried to copy the content of info.open to info.default in the scenari directory /etc/sympa/scenari but that didn’t change anything so I delete this file again.

Thanks for any hints and kind regards,

Sabine

----------

Karlsruher Institut für Technologie (KIT)
Steinbuch Centre for Computing (SCC)

Sabine Lorenz

Hermann von Helmholtz Platz 1
76344 Eggenstein-Leopoldshafen

Telefon: +49 721 608-28633
E-Mail: address@concealed
www.kit.edu/scc

Sitz der Körperschaft:
Kaiserstraße 12, 76131 Karlsruhe

KIT – Die Forschungsuniversität in der Helmholtz-Gemeinschaft
Das KIT ist seit 2010 als familiengerechte Hochschule zertifiziert.

Weltoffene Hochschulen-Logo

  • [sympa-users] false default value for parameter info, Lorenz, Sabine (SCC), 12/01/2020