en - [sympa-users] How long does Sympa store links during double-opt-in?

  • From: Vanessa Weidler <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] How long does Sympa store links during double-opt-in?
  • Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2020 07:33:12 +0200

At the moment I'm trying to write a GDPR compliant description what personal
data is stored in Sympa which brought me to the question how the double-opt-in
process is handled technically.

What we already found out is that during the first phase (before clicking the
authentication link) the e-mail adress is not stored in the database, but is
actually stored - we suppose in RAM (rebooting the system made links invalid).

Does anyone know how long the links are stored in RAM? Is there any chance to
influence how long authentication links are valid?

Any hints are very appreciated :-)
Vanessa