en - Re: [sympa-users] Set password command line

  • From: Leonid Sergushkin <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Set password command line
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2020 07:24:37 +0000

Hi David,

Thanks. Case insensitive was my problem. I changed it like you said and its
now working with my generated passwords.
__

Kind regards
Leo

Am 02.07.20, 10:18 schrieb "David Verdin" <address@concealed>:

Hi Leonid,

On 01/07/2020 16:15, Leonid Sergushkin wrote:
> Hi,
> is it possible to set the password for a user over the command line?
Not that I know.
> How is sympa generating the password?

It is either a MD5 or bcrypt hash.

By default, it is MD5.

> If i am using an online hashed md5 or bcrypt password its not working
> when i am changing it directly in the database table "user_table",
> only if im using an already set password (regular webbased way).

By default, Sympa passwords are cas insensitive. Consequently, the
password is lower-cased before computing the hash. That may be the
source of your problem.

Either you lower-case your passwords before hashing them or, which is
probably better, security speaking, you make the passwords case
sensitive by setting the "password_case" sympa.conf parameter to the
value "sensitive".

> Probably there are more places where i have to set the password for a
> new user?
Nope. Only the user_table.
> Is it possible to set the password during the list creation over the
> command line with an xml file?

No, because you don't add user at list creation. Lists are always
created empty. Even the list creator must subscribe manually.

You COULD tweak the list template using TT2 lanaguage to make additional
operations, such as list subscription, by including perl code, from
within the template. Such code should be included in a [% PERL %] ...
perl code ... [% END %] tag.

But for that, you'll need to change the Sympa code in one point : at the
template object creation in Sympa::Request::Handler::create_list.pm, you
need to add the option : EVAL_PERL => 1.

Regards,

David

--
"Mieux vaut viser la perfection et la rater que viser la médiocrité et
l'atteindre."

David Verdin
Chef de Projet Collaboratif
Département PROduits NUMériques