en - [sympa-users] no delivery notification to sender when an email is moderated via the website

  • From: "Lorenz, Sabine (SCC)" <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] no delivery notification to sender when an email is moderated via the website
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2020 14:01:32 +0000

Hi all,

we are using Sympa 6.2.16 and have the problem that when releasing an email via the website no delivery notification is sent to the sender.

The command "QUIET DISTRIBUTE" can be found in the log entry and the corresponding line in the log looks something like this:

Jun 17 16:19:15 lists4.scc.kit.edu sympa_msg[1756]: notice Sympa::Request::Message::__parse() Parsing: QUIET DISTRIBUTE listname b49a958147967afxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If the e-mail is released from the release e-mail by clicking on the link and sending the Distribute command, the command does not contain quiet and a Delivery Notification is sent to the sender.

There are, however, list owners in our company who deliberately release their lists via the website and would like a delivery notification to be sent to the sender when the list is released via the website.

Is there this possibility or what do we have to do so that the sender receives a feedback that the email was distributed via the list in this case as well?

I see that this question already existed in January 2020, but I do not see an answer to this question.

Thanks for any feedback and best regards,

Sabine

  • [sympa-users] no delivery notification to sender when an email is moderated via the website, Lorenz, Sabine (SCC), 06/24/2020