en - [sympa-users] irritating e-mail address listname-request@...

  • From: "Lorenz, Sabine (SCC)" <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] irritating e-mail address listname-request@...
  • Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2019 11:53:18 +0000

Hello, everybody,

we currently use Sympa version 6.2.16 (installed as Debian package).

Therefore, it happens regularly that users send e-mails to this address and do not notice that they have sent the e-mail not to the mailing list but to the list owners.

Even the owners do not immediately notice that the e-mail they received was sent to the request address and not to the actual list address.

Users would prefer the address address@concealed not to appear in the e-mail at all.

But since this is the sender address used by Sympa, is this probably not possible, or is there a configuration option for not displaying this address as the sender address?

Has this problem already appeared in other institutions and how do you deal with it?

Best regards,

Sabine Lorenz

----------

Karlsruher Institut für Technologie (KIT)
Steinbuch Centre for Computing (SCC)

Sabine Lorenz

Hermann von Helmholtz Platz 1
76344 Eggenstein-Leopoldshafen

Telefon: +49 721 608-28633
E-Mail: address@concealed
www.kit.edu/scc

Sitz der Körperschaft:
Kaiserstraße 12, 76131 Karlsruhe

KIT – Die Forschungsuniversität in der Helmholtz-Gemeinschaft
Das KIT ist seit 2010 als familiengerechte Hochschule zertifiziert.

Weltoffene Hochschulen-Logo