en - Re: [sympa-users] Managing lists from config files

  • From: "Stefan Hornburg (Racke)" <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Managing lists from config files
  • Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2019 09:07:31 +0100

On 11/18/19 4:27 PM, Kazim Koybasi wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We will upgrade Sympa to version 6.2.48. Now  we are using version 6.1.20
> and managing sympa lists mostly from config
> file. We are aware of that new version of sympa have different features.
> When I try to create a list from xml file it
> does not add created list in sympa aliases. I can not change list_conifg
> properties from config file also. Are there any
> recommendation about managing lists from config file . Which features are
> changeable from config file which are not?
> Which features are deprecated?
>
> Best Regards.

Even on 6.2.48 aliases should be updated when creating a list with XML:

sympa@local-sympa:~$ /usr/local/sympa/bin/sympa.pl sympa --create_list
--input_file=/home/sympa/abraham.xml
create_list [notice] Aliases have been installed.

sympa@local-sympa:~$ grep abraham /etc/mail/sympa_transport
#--- address@concealed: list transport map created at 19 Nov 2019
address@concealed sympa:address@concealed
address@concealed sympa:address@concealed
address@concealed sympa:address@concealed
#address@concealed sympa:address@concealed
address@concealed
sympa:address@concealed
address@concealed sympabounce:address@concealed

If you wonder about the list name, the list data is randomly created with the
help of Data::Faker.

So something in your setup seems to be incorrect :-).

Regards
Racke

Debian and Sympa administration. Provisioning with Ansible.