en - Re: [sympa-users] Issue when switching to postfix virtual domain transport

  • From: Lyle Hopkins <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Issue when switching to postfix virtual domain transport
  • Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2019 00:21:54 +0000

Hi,

After reading up on how postfix transports work I found the issue.

Where I had converted from the single domain, I'd missed a couple of crucial parts.

In sympa.conf I still had the config:

aliases_program postalias

I changed it to:

aliases_program postmap

Unfortunately, at the same time, I still had the old list_aliases.tt2 file. With these things combined, when I ran sympa_newaliases.pl I didn't get an error, but the transport map wasn't in the right format as it needs to be a postmap. Annoying that postfix didn't show an error when loading the sympa_transport.db file.

Hopefully this can help someone else in the future if they make the same mistake.

Lyle