en - Re: [sympa-users] msg_count format

  • From: Jiri Demel <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] msg_count format
  • Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2019 10:46:31 +0200

Hi.

By looking at  msg_count  files of several lists it seems that the date
is encoded as a number of days since the 1st January 1970 ie since the Unix Era.
The SAS date code is simmilar but it is based on the 1st January 1960.

In Unix-like systems the number from  msg_count  can be converted using commad  date.
Example:

$ date --date '1970-01-01 18136 days'
Wed Aug 28 00:00:00 CEST 2019

Have a nice day