en - Re: [sympa-users] auto install requested list?

  • From: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] auto install requested list?
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2019 09:29:55 +1200

On Tue, 2019-07-23 at 16:59 -0400, Stephen Jarjoura wrote:
I'd like lists requested by our users to be automatically installed, without them ending up in a "pending lists" queue awaiting listmaster approval.

Is this something that can be done with a custom scenario?

--
Stephen

Yes.  Just make a 'create_list' scenario that specifies which users are allowed to create lists, which can create them but they need approval, and which are rejected.  You can even have a different scenario per domain if you have multiple list domains.  Set the create_list scenario name in your sympa.conf (or robot.conf)

At my previous job, we had a complex rule that allowed members of the science faculty to create lists, other staff could request and get listmaster approval, and non-staff were rejected.

Steve

--
Steve Shipway | Senior Email Systems Administrator
Phone: +64 9 302 0515 Fax: +64 9 302 0518

This email has been filtered by SMX. For more information visit smxemail.com.