en - Re: [sympa-users] Sympa Wiki?

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Sympa Wiki?
  • Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2019 14:55:39 +0100

Hi,

There was a sympa wiki (https://www.sympa.org) that anyone subscribed to sympa-users or sympa-fr could edit.

However, this tool is operated on a RENATER server and nobody except people from RENATER can have a shell access to it, thus leaving the community vulnerable to a potential lack of reactivity from RENATER.

Also, the community wants to have full hands on the tools Sympa uses.

Consequently, for now any collaborative content is written on https://github.com/sympa-community/sympa-community.github.io, thanks to Soji who migrated the wiki content to Github. And you can make pull request to it, or even, as Soji suggested, edit the pages directly.

When we have our own hosting means, we will try ot display this content on a more attractive platform.

Cheers,

David