en - Re: [sympa-users] Trying to figure out why mod_fcgid and apache keep locking up...

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Trying to figure out why mod_fcgid and apache keep locking up...
  • Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2019 09:28:51 +0100

Yep !

It looks like th old setting stopped working correctly with Apache 2.2 and below. I think it is related to some change either in mod_fcgi or in Apache. I don't know.

With Apache 2.4, you should switch to using spawn-fcgi setup, as recommended in the new documentation: https://sympa-community.github.io/manual/install/configure-http-server-spawnfcgi.html

I had the problem on some recent instances and changing the setup solved everything. And - though I did not make any measurements - it looks like like everything run faster.

Regards,

David