en - [sympa-users] Custom mhonarc script, trouble after upgrade...

  • From: Marco Gaiarin <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Custom mhonarc script, trouble after upgrade...
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2019 14:51:48 +0100

I've just upgraded my debian server to stretch, getting in bonus Sympa
version 6.2.16~dfsg-3+deb9u2.

I'm using by some years a custom mhonarc script, that simply inject messages
into my news server (to have a 'mail2news' gateway).

The script is a simple bash script. But does not work anymore.

Strange things are:

a) after upgrade (but if i use standard mhonarc and rebult archive, after
the rebuild) the first message sent add to archive a message like:

[no subject], Unknown, 21/02/2019

with body:

<!--
User defined variables are defined by the DEFINEVAR element. The first
line is the name of the variable and subsequent lines to the close tag
are the value of the variable.

User defined variables are extremely useful when the same layout
information occurs in multiple places. It also help centralize
information that maybe likely to change. User defined variables can
reference other variables.
-->

<DefineVar>
CALENDAR
($tag$% FOREACH year = calendar %$tag$)
[...]

subsequent messages get no archive at all.

b) i've added some debug to the script, but also a simple:
echo 'test' >> /tmp/test.log

lead to nothing, eg seems that the script get never called because file
'/tmp/test.log' get never created.

Clearly path are correct. What could be? Thanks.

--
L'unico metodo naturale per arrestare la caduta dei capelli
e` il pavimento. (Marco d'Itri)