en - [sympa-users] CockroachDB insteas of Postgres?

  • From: "Fillmore, Tom" <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: "Doss, Carl D." <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] CockroachDB insteas of Postgres?
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2018 16:37:21 -0800

Hi, all -

Not sure if you know about cockroachBB (I know, weird name, right?  :) ) but it's got backing from Baidu, is open source and is pretty amazing.

It uses the same drivers as Postgres and has a much smaller footprint. Don't get me wrong, Postgres is great but it's not exactly small.  Cockroach is written in GO, is pretty small and distributes as one file.

My question is this - has anyone tried using cockroachDB as a drop-in for Postgres?  If so, what did it take?  How was performance?

Thanks, everyone.  And, no, I'm not a cockroachDB developer.  :)

Tom Fillmore
Southern California

https://www.cockroachlabs.com/

  • [sympa-users] CockroachDB insteas of Postgres?, Fillmore, Tom, 12/12/2018