en - [sympa-users] Email to text message mobile phone

  • From: address@concealed
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Email to text message mobile phone
  • Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2018 10:28:46 +0100

Hi,

I help an association in our small village by making my list server available. I live in France. Quite a lot of (older) members do not have an email address but do have a cell phone. So now I am looking for a solution to send email as a text message to a cell phone and I can send all members by email or cell phone with the list server a message.

I have read that most cell phone providers support this option. But as far I have seen not Orange, the main provider in France. An other problem is that I can't guarantee to find the correct provider with the phone number because the cell phone number can be moved from one provider to another.

I have found a company which probably can supply a solution but it is not free. Even when it is low volume, I estimate 500 message yearly. Of course the association does not have money.

Does someone know a free or very low cost solution which can be used with sympa?

--

Cordialement,

R.J. Baart

  • [sympa-users] Email to text message mobile phone, r . j . baart, 11/09/2018