en - [sympa-users] Sympa Interaction With SourceForge

  • From: Brian Eliassen <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Sympa Interaction With SourceForge
  • Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2018 19:58:41 -0700

Hello Sympa Users,

It seems SourceForge has changed the way they deliver alerts for their
ticketing system over a year ago and I just discovered this.

In the past, I simply told SourceForge to send alerts to address@concealed and
then created a “No Mail” user on the mailing list “list" as they were already
delivered by “address@concealed”. This was simple and worked very
well. However, now these e-mails are being delivered by a combination of
complete insanity. For instance, the most recent e-mail came from
address@concealed. Yes, this is for ticket #1170 but
each tickets arrives from a different user using this new system of theirs.

On the SourceForge site, they state:

• Email ticket notifications to: Most commonly used for sending ticket
notifications to mailing lists. If you use a SourceForge Mailing list (or any
other list based using Mailman) for email notifications, you may need to set
the following settings in the Mailman administrator interface:
• For Privacy Options -> Sender Filters -> accept_these_nonmembers:
^[\w-]+@users\.sourceforge\.net
• For Privacy Options -> Recipient Filters -> acceptable_alias:
\d+@\w[^.]+\.\w[^.]+\.p\.re\.sourceforge\.net

I’ve never used Mailman and don’t plan to. How would I integrate the above
regex with my Sympa/Sendmail environment? Does anyone have any ideas?

Config: CentOS, Sendmail, MIMEdefang, Spamassassin, ClamAV, Sympa

Thank you in advance.

Brian