en - Re: [sympa-users] [sympa-announce] Sympa 6.2.34 released

  • From: Amos <address@concealed>
  • To: John Levine <address@concealed>
  • Cc: "address@concealed >> address@concealed" <address@concealed>, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] [sympa-announce] Sympa 6.2.34 released
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2018 18:05:23 -0500

On Tue, Jul 17, 2018 at 11:57 AM, Amos <address@concealed> wrote:
When I upgraded test env from 6.2.24 to 6.2.34, all seemed to go well.  However, on one list in particular, some sub-screens are not displaying.  When I click on Owners or Editors, I don't see anything.  Same for when trying to edit the list definition.  However, it's not with all lists.  So far it is only with this particular list.  When I enable debug logging, not seeing any errors.  Have been trying to track down a pattern or reason, but so far haven't discovered anything yet.

When I create a new list in 6.2.34, the Owners / Moderators sub-menus work just fine.   When I look at the config file under list_data, I do not see the owners and editors blocks like before, as expected.  When I use `--dump_users --list=.... --role=owner', I get expected results in the produced owner.dump.

When I go to a list in which the Owners / Moderators sub-menus are blank, I notice the config file still has the owners and editors blocks.  I would have thought that the --upgrade process would have cleared those out.  There were no errors during the --upgrade process.  I read the notes and the only thing I had to change on the server was the stuff relating to static_content_path, which was done.

The ones that fail to render Owners / Moderators appear to be those that include owners/editors from another Sympa list, but not all of them fail.  However, I have yet to encounter problems with lists that do not have an include for owners/editors.

No errors show up in the logs when the Owners / Moderators sub-menus fail to display.

Amos