en - Re: [sympa-users] Apache 2.4 configuration for Sympa

  • From: Alan Hicks <address@concealed>
  • To: "Roger B.A. Klorese" <address@concealed>, "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Apache 2.4 configuration for Sympa
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2018 08:49:49 +0100

Roger,

As 403 is Valid request, server refusing, it's as you say probably an Apache permission or configuration issue.

Things to check are:

Any <Directory> and <Location> tags have the right permissions
Any executables such as wwsympa.fcgi have their executable bit set (755)

There is configuration documentation at:
https://sympa-community.github.io/manual/install/configure-http-server.html
https://sympa-community.github.io/manual/install/configure-http-server-spawnfcgi.html

Adding user security might be helpful with https://letsencrypt.org/

Regards,