en - [sympa-users] Sympa config question

  • From: "Lo, Freeman" <address@concealed>
  • To: "'address@concealed'" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Sympa config question
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2018 14:04:58 +0000

Hello Sympa Community,

I've edited the sympa config file and restarted sympa service and learned
that there are some issues with some features in our configuration.
The following listed our errors in our configuration sympa.conf file.

Would it be alright to remove those lines that are causing some errors ? I
think we are running 6.2.x.
Since sympa is running, will having these errors shown is alright and won't
cause sympa to die unexpectedly?

[/etc/sympa]{1017}# /etc/init.d/sympa restart
Restarting Sympa subsystem:
Stopping Sympa subsystem:
Stopping module bounced.pl: [ OK ]
Stopping module archived.pl: [ OK ]
Stopping module bulk.pl: [ OK ]
Stopping module sympa_msg.pl: [ OK ]
Stopping module task_manager.pl: [ OK ]
Starting Sympa subsystem:
Checking environment: err Conf::_detect_unknown_parameters_in_config() Line
278 of sympa.conf, parameter crl_dir is now obsolete
err Conf::_detect_unknown_parameters_in_config() Line 265 of sympa.conf,
parameter openssl is now obsolete
err Conf::_detect_unknown_parameters_in_config() Line 39 of sympa.conf,
parameter queuedistribute is now obsolete
Starting module sympa_msg.pl: [ OK ]
Starting module bulk.pl: [ OK ]
Starting module archived.pl: [ OK ]
Starting module bounced.pl: [ OK ]
Starting module task_manager.pl: [ OK ]

# remove these in our configuration is Alright ?
line 278 crl_dir /opt/sympa/list_data/crl
line 265 openssl /usr/bin/openssl
line 039 queuedistribute /opt/sympa/spool/distribute

Due to local storage restriction, we've implemented the following bad Bounce
list TOL in this configuration since there were no pre-existing parameters
for these values.
Is this alright ? The default is 7 days from what we 've learned on this
website. https://sympa-community.github.io/manual/man/sympa.conf.5.html

clean_delay_queue 3
clean_delay_queueoutgoing 3
clean_delay_queuebounce 3

warm regards,
Freeman

  • [sympa-users] Sympa config question, Lo, Freeman, 04/11/2018