en - Re: [sympa-users] [External] Why is my mailinglist not findable in web frontend

  • From: "Silvers, Tim" <address@concealed>
  • To: Uli Schellhaas <address@concealed>, "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] [External] Why is my mailinglist not findable in web frontend
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2018 13:16:24 +0000

Hi. You can run 'sympa.pl --sync_list_db' to rebuild the list_table in the
database. Direct the output to a log file, as it is possible that file
corruption or some other error reading the filesystem directories may cause
the –sync_list_db job to fail. We have seen this happen from on occasions and
it will cause the list_table to be incomplete, and the web UI will not be
complete as a result. So, some lists that do exist will not appear in the
search. However, you can generally get to the list's web interface directly
[1]. The log will help you track down any offending files causing the
indexing to fail. Good luck!

[1] https://mysympa_domain.com/sympa/info/name_of_my_list-l

Tim

On 4/11/18, 5:08 AM, "address@concealed on behalf of Uli
Schellhaas" <address@concealed on behalf of
address@concealed> wrote:

This message was sent from a non-IU address. Please exercise caution when
clicking links or opening attachments from external sources.
-------

Hello,

i am listmaster, listowner, creator, and yet i dont see my list on the
website, list is working.

Our Setup is with 1 instance, and 1 robot who should serve all Lists.

I hoped someone with more insight into the system would reply "send the
config to me i will check" , so i dont have to include anything in this
mail here. I would send the answer which hopefully comes up to the list,
so others can learn from my mistakes too.

Thanks for personal Mails to me in that matter.

Greetings!