en - Re: [sympa-users] Discarding spam messages instead of queueing them

  • From: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Discarding spam messages instead of queueing them
  • Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2017 12:20:50 +1200 (NZST)

> I'm using Google's MX for one of our domains, which adds a spam header
> before forwarding the messages to Sympa. In my robot.conf I have this:
> spam_status x-gm-spam
> This causes messages to not be distributed (which is what we want),
> but instead they are queued for moderation.
> How can I configure things so that they get dropped (i.e. not clog up
> the moderation queue)?

I would do this by creating a custom posting scenario header (so it gets
prepended to all scenari) that checks for the header in question, and does a
silent drop if it is found.

So a scenario file named something like 'include.send.header' containing a
line something like this (depends on what is in the x-gm-spam header when it
is spammy). You may also need to remove the spam_status definition as I
think it takes precedence over the scenario.

match([msg_header->x-gm-spam],/Y/) smtp,smime reject(reason="spam"),quiet

More documentation on scenari here:
https://www.sympa.org/manual/authorization-scenarios

Steve

This email has been filtered by SMX. For more info visit http://smxemail.com