en - [sympa-users] Running sympa_wizard.pl from a script for use in an unattended install.

  • From: Rance Hall <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Running sympa_wizard.pl from a script for use in an unattended install.
  • Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2017 11:01:10 -0500

I need some advice on how to run sympathetic_wizard.pl —check from a script
so that no input from a user is expected/required.

It appears from reading the script that it will consult the sympa.conf file
(if it exists) to find values it needs, but this is for a repeated series of
new installs and the sympa.conf file would not been created at the time sympa
is being installed.

If it helps this is for a docker container, but that doesn’t strictly matter
to me. The documentation states that the list of perl modules needed to run
sympa is not current and to let the sympa_wizard script do its thing.

So then I figured I’d just run sympathy_wizard.pl again with values like the
domain name, etc and have a boring sympa install.

Your advice, or pointers to documentation that I may have missed are welcome.

Thanks

Rance Hall
System Admin
ESU 10 - Supporting K-12 education in rural Nebraska
esu10.org