en - [sympa-users] out of curiousity - how big is your largest list?

  • From: Miles Fidelman <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] out of curiousity - how big is your largest list?
  • Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2017 12:32:43 -0700

Partially out of curiosity, partially anticipating setting up some large lists...

Right now, the largest list I support is about 1000 people. I'm wondering about the operational pain of supporting 10,000 people, 100,000, maybe more. Not 1-way announcement lists, but actual n-n discussion lists. What are the limits of what's practical, before needing to find some alternate technology (like, say, newsgroups)?

What's the largest list anybody here is supporting? What's the largest list anybody knows about?

Thanks,

Miles Fidelman

In practice, there is. .... Yogi Berra