en - Re: [sympa-users] Periodical subscription tasks

  • From: "Engels, Jan" <address@concealed>
  • To: Sivert Hatteberg <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Periodical subscription tasks
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2017 15:31:18 +0200 (CEST)

Dear Sivert,

thank you for the quick reply.

If I understand you correctly the reminders are sent at a fixed date to
all subscribers, even if some of them subscribed one day before the expiration
date is reached, i.o.w. the subscription date of each user is not taken into
consideration for the check, is this correct?

One more question, if I choose to set the option:

"Periodical subscription expiration task" (to yearly)

The Documentation for this option says:

"This parameter states which model is used to create an expire task. An
expire task regularly checks the subscription or resubscription date of
subscribers and asks them to renew their subscription. If they don't they are
deleted."

My question is: After the subscriber receives a reminder, how much time
does he/she has to renew the subscrition (before being deleted)? If I
understand the templates correctly (see snippet below), I would guess
it's 4 weeks, is this correct?

Cheers
Jan Engels

cat /usr/share/sympa/default/list_task_models/expire.yearly.task
title.gettext expiration routine run yearly

/STEP1
@selection = select_subs (older ([creation_date]-1y))
send_msg (@selection, expire_warning1)
next ([execution_date]+3w, STEP2)