en - Re: [sympa-users] Periodical subscription tasks

  • From: Sivert Hatteberg <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Periodical subscription tasks
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2017 10:08:42 +0200

On 06/29/2017 09:23 AM, "Engels, Jan" wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> there are 2 Options in the "Miscellaneous" section:
>
> Periodical subscription reminder task
> Periodical subscription expiration task
>
> for which I have found some documentation:
>
> https://demo.sympa.org/sympa/help/listconfig#other
>
> However, from the documentation i could not figure out if the
> reminders are sent at a fixed time to all users or if sympa
> sends the reminders on a users basis, taking into account the
> subscription date of each user.

Hi,

Sympa generates a task file for each list with a reminder under
"spool/sympa/tasks/"

The time for each reminder is the creation time of the current task +
the interval time specified.

The default taks are stored under:
default/list_task_models/remind.*

# cat remind.monthly.task
title.gettext remind message sent to subscribers every month

/INIT
next([execution_date]+1m,EXEC)

/EXEC
@selection = select_subs (older([execution_date]))