en - [sympa-users] Sympa breaking digital signatures (SMIME) in HTML messages

  • From: "Silvers, Tim" <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Sympa breaking digital signatures (SMIME) in HTML messages
  • Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2017 20:06:06 +0000

Hi. Isn’t Sympa supposed to keep the digital (SMIME) signatures intact? In
our environment, it works well with plain text emails, but not for HTML
formatted messages where recipients see a warning that the original message
may have been tampered with. However, the cert used to sign the email can be
checked and it is valid.

Sympa docs confirm that headers/footers are not inserted into signed emails,
so that isn’t at fault. I tried changing some of the list’s configuration
options, as well as per subscriber delivery preferences. And I even disabled
the local spam-scanning (we use ClamAV). But, to no avail in resolving the
issue.

Any help is appreciated.

Tim

  • [sympa-users] Sympa breaking digital signatures (SMIME) in HTML messages, Silvers, Tim, 04/27/2017