en - Re: [sympa-users] auto-population of very large lists

  • From: Amos <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed >> address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] auto-population of very large lists
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 15:27:47 -0500

On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 2:51 AM, David Verdin <address@concealed> wrote:
Hi Asbed,

Le 04/02/15 02:20, Asbed Bedrossian a écrit :
We use the include_file feature to auto-populate lists here. Essentially, a few times a day we scp an updated subscriber file to the Sympa VM. Some of our lists are large, over 75K addresses. I haven’t yet experienced the timeout issues you refer to. Running 6.1.24.
I think that what take time is that, when you disaply the list of list memebers, Sympa tries to update it on the fly with the datasources.
You could simply disable on the fly sync_include by setting the 'distribution_ttl' parameter to a very large value.
Then display the list in the web interface or run a SOAP request to review it. This will be the starting point of the wait between two on-the-fly sync includes. The second one will never happen, as you will have put a very long delay.

Then, to keep your list up-to-date with datasources, each time you update the file used as source, delete the sync_include task for this list. One minute later, the task_manager will find the task missing and execute it.
This way, your list will be up-to-date and wont' try to update it each time you review it.

Best regards,

David

This used to be a really effective hack with 6.1.x.  However, ever since upgrading to 6.2.16 this little trick seems to no longer work for me.  Is there a better way to achieve this?  (Only do the sync with include_file when we specifically want to do the sync.)

Amos