en - Re: [sympa-users] Mailto links not rendering in gmail

  • From: Alan Hicks <address@concealed>
  • To: "Stefan Hornburg (Racke)" <address@concealed>, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Mailto links not rendering in gmail
  • Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2017 18:06:20 +0100

On 12/04/2017 16:38, Stefan Hornburg (Racke) wrote:
On 04/07/2017 07:17 PM, Casey Workman (via sympa-users Mailing List) wrote:
I have a list setup to send out moderation message but when the user gets the
message via gmail the mailto link is not
rendered as a hotlink. The link is there in gmail...

<mailto:address@concealed
<mailto:address@concealed>?subject=DISTRIBUTE%20casey-test%20b81064ee3644ec41bfdfa70f6d99b0c1>

But the whole link is not clickable. The "address@concealed
<mailto:address@concealed>" portion is, you can click it
and it will work as a regular mailto link should work. But it doesn't pick
up the subject portion of the link. I have
messed around with the moderate.tt2 file and tried several different ways to
order the info, but nothing really gets the
job done. Is this an issue with gmail and their web interface?

As far as I know, the correct HTML syntax for a mailto link would be:

<a
mailto="address@concealed?subject=DISTRIBUTE%20casey-test%20b81064ee3644ec41bfdfa70f6d99b0c1">

See also:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn/HTML/Introduction_to_HTML/Creating_hyperlinks#Specifying_details